The artifical fibre netting of the future.
More affordable than steel wire nettings, and much stronger and more durable than Nylon or Polyester net.
Many clients have been searching for an alternative to Nylon netting for aviaries, as Nylon decays quite rapidly due to UV light exposure, and we have therefore begun to market UHMWPE as a superior alternative.
UHMWPE has been used with outstanding results in body armor, lifting applications, offshore yacht racing, PPE (Personal Protection Equipment for work at height) for more than a decade.
A brief overview of the advantages of UHMWPE fibres, also known as Dyneema*:
- Three times as strong as Nylon or Polyester net
- As strong as steel, but at 1/10 of the weight
- Low weight means lower cost on supporting structures
- Very low stretch means the nets will not sag as much as Nylon
- Extremely abrasion resistant - 10x better than Polyester
- Excellent UV resistance
- Hydrophobic - does not absorb water
- Low flammability
- Low melting point - Irrelevant in aviary use
Please contact us for a price quotation or a product sample.
(also known under brand names such as Dyneema or Spectra*)
Knotless twisted UHMWPE net.
DC65 as standard. Other options available.
Tensile strength pr. strand:
1,0 mm: 70 kg
1,2 mm: 88 kg
1,6 mm: 140 kg
2,0 mm: 210 kg
2,4 mm: 280 kg
3,2 mm: 630 kg
Many different colours
1 - 4 mm
*Disclaimer: Dyneema and Spectra are brand names for the chemical composition of UHMWPE. We have no affiliation with the producers of Dyneema and Spectra. However, the fiber we sell has identical chemical composition and identical performance and properties.